About SBI Merchant Acquiring
- SBI, the largest Bank of the country, provides Merchant
Acquiring Services through its large branch network of more than
- Any existing customer or even the non-customer may avail
the benefit of SBI Merchant Acquiring Services.
- We install Electronic Data Capture(EDC) machine or Point
of Sale (POS) terminal(s)/PIN Pads at merchants outlet(s) which
facilitate acceptance of payment from your customers by swiping
of their debit/credit/pre-paid cards on the POS terminals/PIN
Pads as sale proceeds of goods and services sold by merchants.
- Our Merchant Acquiring Services enable merchant to
accept all Visa/ MasterCard/RuPay cards for payment.
- Our branch/sales team executives are always available to
assist our customers for their various pre/post terminal
- EMV Compliance: All our terminals are
EMV compliant and can accept chip based cards besides signature
and PIN based cards.
- Our Vision: SBI to deliver an enhanced
suite of Marchant acquiring services to existing and to new
Features/Benefits to Merchants
- We provide following type of POS terminals to suit
- PSTN (gets connectivity through a normal telephone
- Desktop GPRS (Gets connectivity through GPRS SIM and
installed at merchant outlet)
- Portable GPRS (Gets connectivity through GPRS SIM and
power through an inbuilt battery and due to its portability
may be used in exhibitions or anywhere as per need)
- Mobile POS
- Electronic Case Register based Terminals
- Bio-Metric PSTN
- Bio-Metric Desktop GPRS
- Bio-Metric Portable GPRS
- Customer Stickiness and Increased Sales
volume : The facility of making payments through Cards
encourages your customers to spend more as they are not
constrained by cash on hand. This not only results in customer
stickiness but also in increased purchases of higher-margin
products as well as specialty items.
- Better Cash Management and Speedy
Payment: By accepting payment through cards, sale proceeds are
credited electronically in your account as per the agreed
- Saving of Resources and more Quality
Time: Use of SBI Merchant Acquiring Services results in fewer
Cash transactions and saves your efforts and resources in
counting, re-counting, storage of Cash and depositing it in the
Bank. This allows merchant to spend more time and focus on
important things like managing and growing your business.
- Customer Delight: Getting the facility
of making payment through Credit, Debit or pre-paid cards may
lead to Customer ecstasy .
- Customer Care: Our robust,
round-the-clock authorization and merchant acquiring services
provides quick response and reliable support in case of network
outages and POS terminal malfunctioning. This minimizes
downtime, thus enhancing productivity and profitability.
- Protection against Theft and Frauds:
Lower volumes of cash reduces vulnerability to theft. All our
terminals are EMV compliant and therefore can accept Chip based
cards. The additional and security features of our terminals
protects you from frauds.
SBI offers merchant acquiring services at attractive rates to its existing as well as new customers. Salient features are as follows:
- Cost of terminal is borne by the bank.
- No monthly rental for installation of PSTN terminals.
- Nominal monthly rental is charged for installation of desktop GPRS and Portable GPRS terminals.
- Flexible pricing options - Merchant has the option for selecting between the differential and integrated rates for On-us and Off-us transactions. The swiping of ATM cum debit cards & pre-paid cards issued by SBI group on SBI POS terminals are called On-us transactions and the swiping of debit/credit/pre-paid cards issued by other banks on SBI POS terminals are called Off-us transactions.
- Special merchant benefit plans are also available based on the volume of transactions on SBI POS terminals..
- All charges as per the Merchant Establishment Agreement signed by you with the bank shall apply.
- Presently, there are no installation charges for any location or type of business.
- All charges are excluding taxes. Service Tax & VAT shall be levied as per geography.
How to Avail SBI POS
To avail the benefits of SBI
Merchant Acquiring Services you need to have a:
- Valid business establishment with up and running
- Business that has been in existence for at least 6
months or more
You may contact at any branch of
our over 15000 strong branch network or call executive of our Multi
Product sales team with following simple documents:
- Merchant application form duly filled
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Business Establish proof
Alternatively you can use Apply Now link on this Home Page.